The details vary from camp to camp, but all of them include worship services together, activities in the afternoon and bible studies in tent groups. The kind of activities we do include canoeing, raft-building, swimming, walking, rock-climbing, and gorge-walking, as well as football, rounders and other camp site games. Below is a list of other pages to find out more about the camps.
Update from the Trustees - April 2021
CCiW Blue Camp
It is with great regret that we inform you that Blue Camp will not be running this summer. We know that will be a great disappointment to those of you hoping to book on this camp.
We will be planning for Blue camp to be back in 2022. In the meantime we encourage you for this year to consider booking onto one of our other camps instead.
Update from the Trustees – March 2021
Following the Trustees meeting in March 2021 our position is still that we hope to and are planning to run CCiW camps in the summer.
As you will appreciate there is still a level of uncertainty as to what restrictions will be when that time arrives.
Therefore you should be aware it remains a possibility that the camps may not run, or alternatively the camps may have to run in an altered form. We do not know what that would look like at this point but some of the potential possibilities might be slightly shortened weeks to allow for longer transitions between camps, more time on the site than normal, the need for parents to be on hand to pick children up at short notice should they develop any COVID symptoms or if there is a COVID outbreak.
We will perform a COVID risk assessment nearer the time based on the latest guidance.
As a result of this we plan to do the following:
- Open bookings via cciw.co.uk on 12th April 2021
- At that point we will not be asking for any deposit or payment.
- Booking will be on a first come first served basis. If the maximum limit is reached there will be the option to go on a waiting list for the specific camp.
- The trustees will be reviewing the situation in May 2021.
- Following this review, assuming we still think we can proceed with the camps, we will make contact with those who have booked asking for full payment, for which 7 days will be given to make payment. After that any places not paid for will be offered to those on the waiting list in the order they booked.
- Around that time and as circumstances develop, a COVID risk assessment will be produced and those who have booked will be informed of any potential changes. Should you be unhappy with any these at the point of being informed then you can withdraw your booking and we will offer a full refund if payment already made, with places then being offered to those on the waiting list. Please be aware that even with a booking, CCiW cannot guarantee that camp will go ahead as we will need to follow government guidance if and when it is issued.
We will of course keep you up to date as things develop.
Thank you for all your understanding and support for us through this time, and we value your ongoing prayers.
Ed McMillen (Chair of Christian Camps in Wales)
- Camps 2021
Information for camps in 2021, including dates, leadership teams, and how to book.
- What is camp really about?
Find out what our camps are like and what they are really for.
- Camp sites
Information on the different sites we run camps at.
We always need people to help run camp! We have a particular need for volunteers to help set up and take down our camp sites.
- Past camp information
- About CCiW
Company information, including the doctrinal basis of CCiW, legal information, and the names and addresses of the directors.
- Contact us
Any comments about camp, suggestions, or other reasons to get in contact with us - leave us a message.
- Officer area
Section of website for those who are already officers.
Subscribe to our mailing list