Skip to content

Legal Information


Many people ask about insurance on camp.

Insurance for camps like this falls into 2 basic categories:

  1. Public Liability
  2. Personal Accident cover

Public Liability is a cover which provides protection for campers should they have an accident which was due to the negligence of CCIW or any of the camp leaders or officers. This sort of insurance also provides 3rd party cover for the camp for situations where we may be liable for damage incurred by people not connected with the camp. Standard cover up to £1,000,000 is provided.

If anyone should want to see this policy it will be available on camp.

Personal Accident cover is a "no-blame" type of insurance which will pay out in the case of injury even if it is a simple accident. i.e. no blame attached.

CCIW does not provide this type of insurance cover but if you wish to have it tick the relevant question on the Booking Form and we will send you information for you to obtain your own cover.

Also, note that insurance for adventure activities is provided by the Licensed Activity Provider.

Our insurance company is Ansvar Ltd.